Friday, July 08, 2005

Plea for professionalism

To whoever translated what I'm supposed to edit:Please don't translate what you can't express appropriately and effectively in the target language for the intended purpose of the document. More specifically, please don't accept the job in the first place if you don't know how to effectively translate sales brochures!

//Start of rant//
Sorry for the rant. I was supposed to be simply reformatting Japanese InDesign files of a company's sales brochures, but the translation is utterly inferior and 目も当てられない, I convinced the agency to let me edit the files. Well, editing doesn't do any trick. They need complete retranslation! I am getting more and more furious. How can a professional translator turn in this kind of less than acceptable translation and claim s/he is a プロ?
//End of rant//

Getting back to retranslating... Still a long way to go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home